56g column stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So now I think I've talked myself into doing black diamond blasting sand for substrate instead of gravel. :angel:

So in summary:

3 angels
6 Colombian tetras
6 Peppered corys
1 - 2 honey gouramis

Fluorescent hood (for now)

306 Fluval canister + Penguin 200B HOB

200 W heater

Driftwood, fake and live plants and rocks and black blasting sand for substrate.

Sounds awesome....but...I have never had success keeping two gourami or the same species together. Plus, why not do a dwarf flame, and a honey, it will add more variety. But you could try two honeys, that's a pretty big tank so they might not bother each other.

I think doing two different dwarf gourami species together would be neat! I thought gourami would fight with other species of gourami.

Do I need to get something other than corys to "stir up" sand? I read something about trumpet snails or something? But someone said snails and angels don't mix. :confused:

I think doing two different dwarf gourami species together would be neat! I thought gourami would fight with other species of gourami.

Do I need to get something other than corys to "stir up" sand? I read something about trumpet snails or something? But someone said snails and angels don't mix. :confused:

Powder blue and a flame gourami would be neat

You can mix gourami, I always did. I have had well over 15 over the years, and they were always with other species. They might not be best buddies, and will nip at each others fins once a while, but that is harmless. You don't have to worry about stirring the sand, as long as you doing biweekly or even monthly vacuums you will be fine. 6 cories is plenty.

Got the 56 up and running. I put the black blasting sand in, so I can stop changing my mind about substrate now, lol. Now I just need to rearrange everything and put some live plants in. I just sort of threw some driftwood and plastic plants in for hiding spots for now because it took me so long to get the stupid canister filter put together that I was getting worried to leave the fish in the rubbermaid too much longer. I will wait until they are less stressed before I do any more with the tank though!

I think I've kind of decided against doing a couple of gourami. I'm just reading too much about how hit and miss they are in groups. If I wanted to go with something iffy, I'd rather try a betta sorority. But I'm not really wanting to do iffy, lol.

Instead could I do one dwarf gourami and one Bolivian ram?

Or 3 bosemans rainbows?

Or a group of hatchets? Like 5 or 6?

Zebra danios look cool too...

Or something else entirely? Lol

Back
Top Bottom