6 gallon tank ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rebekahbirch

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey,
does anyone have any ideas about hhow to stock a tank this size? i initially wanted to keep various female betta splendens together, but now i realise this really isn't possible! :nono:
the tank will have a lid, and a heater (kept at around 25 degrees) and water changes are done regularly, but the tank isn't big enough for a light or filter.
any ideas?
thanks in advance, Becky xx
:fish2:

You could keep 2-3 african dwarf frogs. That would be awesome. Put in some real or soft plastic plants and create a hiding place with rocks.

Now some will disagree with me, but you could also have 4-6 white cloud mountain minnows or zebras if you're doing frequent water changes, have gravel for bacteria and enough of a surface area on top of the tank for oxygen transfer.

You also buy a small internal canister filter.

No tank is too small for a filter. I have a HOB rated for a 15 gallon tank on my 5 gallon and even a tiny internal filter on my 1.5 gallon. It will help a lit regardless of what you put in the tank.

I agree about chilis. There are also ember tetra and dwarf spotted rasbora. The frogs would be a good choice too IMO.

Back
Top Bottom