60 gallon community stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BL1ND1ND3X

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello Everyone!
After realizing that an African cichlid tank wasn't going to work out for me, I am going to do a community tank!
And I wanted to ask you guys for advice on my future stocking list.
Pretty much what I want is:
• A good size school of one species or a couple of multi species schools.
• A group of a centerpiece fish such as gouramis, or anything else that is peaceful
• I do want some sort of ram cichlid as my second centerpiece group (probably a pair)
• I definitely want corydoras, preferably one of the smaller species
• some sort of shrimp
• nerite or mystery snails
• maybe a Pleco (if I'm not overstocked already) that is

The tank is cycling right now, and is almost done as the nitrites are starting to drop. Can't Wait!

Thank you everybody for the help!!

Hello Everyone! After realizing that an African cichlid tank wasn't going to work out for me, I am going to do a community tank! And I wanted to ask you guys for advice on my future stocking list. Pretty much what I want is: • A good size school of one species or a couple of multi species schools. • A group of a centerpiece fish such as gouramis, or anything else that is peaceful • I do want some sort of ram cichlid as my second centerpiece group (probably a pair) • I definitely want corydoras, preferably one of the smaller species • some sort of shrimp • nerite or mystery snails • maybe a Pleco (if I'm not overstocked already) that is The tank is cycling right now, and is almost done as the nitrites are starting to drop. Can't Wait! Thank you everybody for the help!!

From what uve said, this is what I'd do:
10-12 rummy nose tetras
10-12 harlequin rasboras
-to me these are 2 of the best schooling fish and they both have great color!

5-8 Cory's of your choice
-prefer the smaller ones like panda or julli

2 pearl gouramis
-they are known to be one of the most peaceful gouramis, they may chase each other if you get 2 males but it's nothing to worry about.

1 bn pleco
-great at cleaning tanks

2 rams of your choice
-I would add the rams last because they are going to be your most territorial fish and depending on the ram they can be sensitive!

With this stock you could then add some color with a good variety of shrimp. Or a couple otos or SAEs if needed!

10-12 rummy nose tetras
10-12 harlequin rasboras

2 pearl gouramis
-they are known to be one of the most peaceful gouramis, they may chase each other if you get 2 males but it's nothing to worry about.

1 bn pleco
-great at cleaning tanks

2 rams of your choice
-I would add the rams last because they are going to be your most territorial fish and depending on the ram they can be sensitive!

With this stock you could then add some color with a good variety of shrimp. Or a couple otos or SAEs if needed!

Thanks for the list,
Can I have both of the schools or do I have to choose?

Ok thanks that's great news I originally wanted rummy nose tetras, so that's good Thanks for the help!

A couple things:

-remember that rummy nose can be a bit sensitive when first introduced to a tank.

-make sure your tank is cycled before you add any fish

-remember there is no such thing as too much filtration; you can never have too much filtration

-DONT add all the fish at once. I would add 3-5 fish at a time weekly or bi-weekly once you are cycled!

-lastly have FUN with your aquarium. They are exciting to start!!!

A couple things:

-remember that rummy nose can be a bit sensitive when first introduced to a tank.

-make sure your tank is cycled before you add any fish

-remember there is no such thing as too much filtration; you can never have too much filtration

-DONT add all the fish at once. I would add 3-5 fish at a time weekly or bi-weekly once you are cycled!

-lastly have FUN with your aquarium. They are exciting to start!!!

- ok I'll remember to really take care of the rummies
- my tank will definitely be cycled before I add any fish
- I'm planning on having at least 600 gph of filtration
- Im going to add 4 tetras at first just to make sure they have a good number so they aren't alone and then it will be 3 a week
- I will definitely have fun, and this is my second tank but I'm still a noob as I got my first aquarium 5 months ago

As I said before
Thanks for the help!

10-12 rummy nose tetras
10-12 harlequin rasboras

2 pearl gouramis

1 bn pleco
-great at cleaning tanks

2 rams of your choice

THAT is ONE AWESOME sounding tank. I may use this setup and a little more in my 90 planted when it gets setup!! How will an angel or 2 fair in this? I have one now and it worked fine with golden gouramis until they decided to die off??

THAT is ONE AWESOME sounding tank. I may use this setup and a little more in my 90 planted when it gets setup!! How will an angel or 2 fair in this? I have one now and it worked fine with golden gouramis until they decided to die off??

2 angelfish would be just fen with those fish! Especially in a 90 gallon. Just make sure they are juveniles when you get them and they are the last fish that you put in the tank!

2 angelfish would be just fen with those fish! Especially in a 90 gallon. Just make sure they are juveniles when you get them and they are the last fish that you put in the tank!

I am really sorry for the thread jack, but actually I have 1 already and hes pretty good size. I have tried 3 more with him but he wont allow it and he does great with the other fish in the tank, I am actually building a VERY LONG and NICE list as we speak!!

I am really sorry for the thread jack, but actually I have 1 already and hes pretty good size. I have tried 3 more with him but he wont allow it and he does great with the other fish in the tank, I am actually building a VERY LONG and NICE list as we speak!!

Don't worry about the thread jack
It's cool

Back
Top Bottom