60 - Overstocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Right now I have a 60g with six angels, a guarami (unsure what kind, but he's like gold with black stripes, kind of a jerk as he killed the other guarami), a small Bolivian ram, and a moderately sized pleco. My mom wants a bottom feeder for her tank. Ideally she'd have clown loaches but they get too big and we have nowhere to move them from. I said I was getting pictus cats for my 60 and she said she wants one. Is it okay to get one? Filtration is two marineland penguin 200s. Eventually will upgrade to fluval when we have the spare monies.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think you should be ok in a 3 or probably ideally a 4 footer would be my thought but perhaps someone will know more on these.

I'm a little confused. Do you have 1 60 gallon tank? If so, you are probably close to maximum capacity.

Pictus cats like to be kept in small schools, are very active at night, and will consume small fish. I've read that they aren't good tankmates for angelfish because their nocturnal roaming disrupts the sleep of the other fish.

Your gourami is probably a gold gourami, which is a variant of the blue gourami. I've heard that males are very aggressive towards each other.

The best bottom fish is the corydora. They should be kept in groups of at least 5 of the same species.

You may want to rehome your pleco if it is the common variety. They get too big and poop too much.

Back
Top Bottom