70 gallon reboot/refresh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddodad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everyone my current 70 gallon tank was put on the back burner for a couple years or so. All water changed and maintenance were taken care of. Nothing really cosmetic or stocking has been done.

Life has calmed down and its time to refresh it. Over the last few years we have lost some of the fish. My current stock is:

3 boesemani rainbows
1 Kirbensis
1 zebra pleco
4-6 oto cats (planted so they hide)
1 syno cat

My issue with adding smaller fish is that the rainbows (all male) seem to be very aggressive. When I do anything with my hands in the tank they will try and attack me even.

Any suggestions on what to add?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's what I was thinking but I was worried the rainbows would fin nip

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Little update, so I was away for a few days and to surprise me my wife and kids got an angel and orange tail shark for the tank.

Everything seems good so they made the decision for me. I figure I should probably add a couple more angels to keep the peace in the tank

Do the Sharks need to be in groups or better off solitary.

I think that the sharks are best kept solitary. They are known to attack any similarly shaped fish. You should add some female Boesmanis. They would probably make the males more colorful.

I wasn't sure about the shark thanks

I tried to add a few females boesemani a while ago and my males basically killed them. Honestly they are really colorful more so then any others I've see. For some reason I cannot seem to upload a pic.

Well someone ate the shark. He was perfectly fine 2 nights ago then came to look at tank in the morning only a skeleton left.

Back
Top Bottom