70gal FW Journal - NEW PICS 05/30/06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One day I will have a tank as beautiful as yours. That is exactly how I want mine, different plants of course!

Your fish are very pretty as well. Congrats!

Wow! Incredible pics and such a beautiful tank and pics.....what camera is that? Probably too expensive for my taste, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

The camera is a Konika Minolta Dimage E323. It's not an expensive digital camera at all!!! Cost maybe $250 a few years ago.

The kribs and GBRs get along just fine. My Kribs just don't like it when the GBRs get closer than a few inches to their coconut. But the GBRs know that and stay away from that area.

I've tested the water again:

Phosphate 0.5ppm
Nitrate ~8.0ppm

Added some fertilizer but so far the hair algae on the driftwood and some on the gravel is still pretty bad.

Your kribs are quite beautiful. Rams too, of course. If your current dosing keeps the hair algae around, with all your fast growers you should feel confident about increasing your fertilization targets to ~1ppm PO4 or more and 15ppm NO3 while continuing observation.

I've tested water again today after making a pwc yesterday.

Nitrate 0ppm
Phosphate 0.2ppm

pH~7.0
kH 4
gH 8

I added 6.5g nitrate to get 15ppm and 0.25g phosphate to get 1ppm.

We'll see how the tank does within the next few weeks. I still have some hair algae, but it does not seem to be as dense anymore.
I also took some new pictures from today. The plants look much healthier and are growing in nicely again. They are growing much faster again. About as fast as they did shortly after I set up the aquarium.

neu.jpg

The left corner looks much denser now as well. I did some more pruning here after letting the plants grow for three weeks with more fertilizer.
neu2.jpg

I also tested my tap water:

pH 7.5
kH 4
gH 6
Phosphate 0.2
Nitrate 0ppm

Tested some water again today:
Nitrate ~7ppm, raised to 17ppm
Phosphate 1.0ppm, didn't add any

I took most of my Endler males out and put them into a quarantine tank. They were just harrassing the few females too much. I lower the water temperature to 80F to get more female Endler.

My Echinodorus ozelot is developing a new flowering stem. It's already above the water surface, although it's not flowering yet.

Back
Top Bottom