75 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like Black Sand. It makes the fish have better colors and looks better IMO. You can get it from PETCO for $15 for a 20 pound bag.

I put 100 in my 150 but wish I would've got a little more. Probably 50-60 pounds. But I like a nice thick layer.

I don't think you would need a very thick layer if you are not planting the tank. And it wouldn't be a good idea to plants a tank that has cichlids because they destroy them.

bud29 said:
I don't think you would need a very thick layer if you are not planting the tank. And it wouldn't be a good idea to plants a tank that has cichlids because they destroy them.

I just think it looks nicer.

Yeah I like a nice deep layer as well. This might be a stupid question but where do people get there rocks to make there aquascapes?

You can buy landscaping rocks at Home Depot or just find them outside depeding on where you live.

Any precautions I should take before putting them into the tank? Sorry for all the questions guys I just want to make sure I understand everything before I get into something this big

Depending where you buy them ask if there fw safe or inert if you cant find out do the viniger test a drop on it if it fizzles and bubbles dont use it. It will mess with you ph...check out a landscaping supply store they normaly have pond safe stuff and cheaper then lfs... Ive found it as cheap as 8 cent a pound vs 5 bucks at lfs

Im more fond of the landscape place cause its open stock you can sift threw all sizes and shape to give yourself an idea of stacking and placing but go with you can

I wish we had somewhere like that where I live... The best I can do is either lowes or depot

Well turns out I might just jump straight into a 90 gallon...how would you guys stock it haha?

Back
Top Bottom