75 gallon cycle log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah ive done that already. I bought a 90 gallon filter and im cycling it in my 29 gallon. The filter in the tank im cycling also has some biomax and a carbon cartridge. Just gotta wait it out now.

Good news(i think). Just tested my water and got this.
Ammo 0 ppm
Nitrites 0 ppm
Nitrates 10-20 ppm
Should i add more ammo?

Ammo 0 ppm
Nitrites 1 ppm
Nitrates 10-20 ppm
I think it is actually convertung the nitrites. Ill test it tomorrow.

Actually you want your nitrAtes to rise. That shows the ammonia has been converted > nitrItes > nitrAtes.

I think you're just about there, if not done already. I agree to test it again, see what happens, and if we're at double zeroes tomorrow we can call it cycled :D

Did you add seeded media from your other tank along with the gravel? With enough of it, you can cycle in a day. If it's just the old gravel...yeah I'd be a bit cautious and test several times to make sure it's constantly zeroing out the ammonia and no2 within 24hrs.

I got one more question. Im buying a new stand because the stand i have now is leaning very badly. I think it is old. Can i change like 95% so i can change stands

orandafan12 said:
I got one more question. Im buying a new stand because the stand i have now is leaning very badly. I think it is old. Can i change like 95% so i can change stands

Yeah, there's virtually no bacteria in the water. Just be aware that anything that dries out will kill the bacteria on it (walls, deco, etc...). So you'll lose the small amount in the tank if it sits empty too long. I'd keep the substrate wet, and if you want to be super safe throw all your decor into a bucket of water. It shouldn't be a big deal though.

eco23 said:
Yeah, there's virtually no bacteria in the water. Just be aware that anything that dries out will kill the bacteria on it (walls, deco, etc...). So you'll lose the small amount in the tank if it sits empty too long. I'd keep the substrate wet, and if you want to be super safe throw all your decor into a bucket of water. It shouldn't be a big deal though.

Can i just water from the hose and add dechlorinator as it fills?

Back
Top Bottom