75 Gallon Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettababe1011

Aquarium Advice Addict
My dad is getting out the old 75 gallon and we are going to have a community tank. This is our current stocking plans:

? Platys. Not sure how many. Any suggestions?

1 angelfish This one is still being decided.

?

?

?

That's all I have. Any suggestions? We need a new filter, and will be getting all new decor. I'm trying to talk Dad into live plants, but I think I see plastic or fabric plants in my future.

So, comments, suggestions? I can't get pictures yet, but will.

I get the job of cleaning out the aquarium. Which strangely, I like to do. I'll post pictures soon, but beware, they are from an iPod.

Oh, that is awesome. Vinagar will get hard water stains right off! I would do something with dwarf cichlids, like:

2 bolivian rams
2 keyhole cichlids
10 neon tetras (half gold half regular) or cardinal
10 rummy nosed tetras
8 cory cats
and maybe a small angelfish

Live plants and sand would be awesome. I'm not really an expert, so I'll stay away from giving advice. That is so cool though, I think we need pictures!

How about a rainbow shark? It's semi-aggressive, but it'll keep your schooling fish schooling! Also, look at orange laser cories, and a starlight bristlenose pleco. IMO you can probably do 10-12 platies and still be just fine.

If u want to do live go with java moss it is very easy to grow and u dont need anything special it grows in any water and any light

Tropical said:
Oh, that is awesome. Vinagar will get hard water stains right off! I would do something with dwarf cichlids, like:

2 bolivian rams
2 keyhole cichlids
10 neon tetras (half gold half regular) or cardinal
10 rummy nosed tetras
8 cory cats
and maybe a small angelfish

Live plants and sand would be awesome. I'm not really an expert, so I'll stay away from giving advice. That is so cool though, I think we need pictures!

Thanks. The only cichlid I'm having is one angel though.

Will swordtails be good with angels and platys? What about Mollies?

they should be.but it all depends on the personalitys of the fish.

Bettababe1011 said:
Thanks. The only cichlid I'm having is one angel though.

Will swordtails be good with angels and platys? What about Mollies?

You could do 4-5 of them too! I like dalmations and black mollies. I'm kind of against balloons though... The way they breed them to be mutated is just cruel.

Homedog98 said:
You could do 4-5 of them too! I like dalmations and black mollies. I'm kind of against balloons though... The way they breed them to be mutated is just cruel.

Yeah, I don't like the look to them either. I like natural.

4-5 swordtails? Or mollies? Or both?

With all those livebearers make sure you get all same sex or have some fish that will eat the fry. With 10 platy, you'll end up with literally hundreds of fry in a month or two. Mollies, swordtails, and guppies are all the same.

Tropical said:
With all those livebearers make sure you get all same sex or have some fish that will eat the fry. With 10 platy, you'll end up with literally hundreds of fry in a month or two. Mollies, swordtails, and guppies are all the same.

Good point. But the angel aughta take care of the fry... And cories should take care of eggs.

Homedog98 said:
Good point. But the angel aughta take care of the fry... And cories should take care of eggs.

Yeah. I hadn't even thought of cories! I'm trying to decide what kind now. Maybe some more peppered cories. I love them.

Also a bristlenose pleco would be good.

The angel definitely will take care of fry! So, any other suggestions?

Bettababe1011 said:
Yeah. I hadn't even thought of cories! I'm trying to decide what kind now. Maybe some more peppered cories. I love them.

Also a bristlenose pleco would be good.

The angel definitely will take care of fry! So, any other suggestions?

Orange lasers are my favorites... And as for plecos... Have you looked at starlight bristlenose plecos?

I kind of need to get things that are available in my area. Regular bristlenoses and peppered cories are my best bet. And I like both fish.

Bettababe1011 said:
I kind of need to get things that are available in my area. Regular bristlenoses and peppered cories are my best bet. And I like both fish.

Ah, ok... You could always order online ;)

U need to talk to serverum mama and hn1 they have awesome fish and they deliver they have more of the ones not seen in lfs

Back
Top Bottom