75 gallon moderately planted stock question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michellev512

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Current stock...

Macmasteri males x2
(Looking for females)
1 female pearl gourami
9 neon tetra
5 rainbow paska
6 threadfin rainbow
2 honey gourami
9 panda cory
1 longfin BN pleco
1 queen arabesque pleco
3 otos
1 whitecheek goby
2 clown loaches that I can't catch to Rehome...working on it

Can I get a single angelfish...yes I know the neons may be eaten but I was hoping if I got it as a baby it would be less inclined to do so

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Those plecos are really nice looking! Oh how are your gourami's getting along?

I plugged everything into aqadvisor and a few of my suspicions were confirmed. Your goby would prefer brackish water but besides that, your rainbow paskai as well as your neons may be eaten by the angelfish.

If you are willing to possibly lose some in the future, go for it. If you raise them together like you said, the possibility decreases, but nonetheless is there.

My pearl gourami and honey gourami don't mind eachother. The 2 honeys will occasionally "feel" at eachother with their feelers but that's about it. The pearl is very peaceful and almost eating out of my hand...

Hmm...gonna have to keep thinking about it. I can't catch those paskas...too quick and not cheap either.

I was told the whitecheek goby was a freshwater species...
Got conflicting info when I googled it. Not sure what to believe about that...

I've kept gobies sold to me as whitecheek gobies in freshwater without any problems. However, without a scientific name, I can't be sure that the species I had is the same as the species you have.

My pearl gourami and honey gourami don't mind eachother. The 2 honeys will occasionally "feel" at eachother with their feelers but that's about it. The pearl is very peaceful and almost eating out of my hand...

Hmm...gonna have to keep thinking about it. I can't catch those paskas...too quick and not cheap either.

If your gourami's are cool with each other, that is one less thing to worry about. Glad your gourami's get along. :)

About that goby, do you know where you got it? Perhaps they could supply you with a scientific name and we can work from there.

If you have lots of plants in this tank (especially dense floaters or densely planted areas) and your paskais are really fast, they could be okay.

Angels can be a hit and miss, but usually they are moderately reliable when raised with the small fish. If you can inquire on the temperament and amiability with smaller fish of their parents, I believe it can help you find an angel that is less likely to hunt your paskais.

Alright now you are just down to whether or not you want to risk losing some paskai.

Are you okay losing some paskai to gain an angel?

Well I spoke too soon...my honey gourami are fighting :/

Bickering over the good corner...

Back
Top Bottom