75 gallon possible stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LayzorBeams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi!

I don't want to make any false promises to me or you, but i might be getting a second 75 at my birthday, moving my room to the basement, and building a custom stand to hold both 75 gals.

So i have the one set up, at least for now. I did make a thread about a community tank... Pretty, surely, but not my thing TBH...

So I've been looking into a few dish here and there (surprising, right?) and I've found a few that i like (thats totally unusual for me) (heavy sarcasm BTW)

Peacock Eels, Pictus Cats, Synodontis, are all some lower-level swimmers I've looked into, and liked. Those can all be switched around depending on the other fish.

Im looking for some bigger fish to add some aggression and movement and color (no Discus though) and i don't care if they are Cichlid or not, however if they are i would prefer to stay away from Africans. Not afraid of hybrids, and i *might* be willing to order online for a half decent price, so let me hear some suggestions :)

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

I might get shot down for this lol

- 2 blood parrots
- 2-3 pictus cats
- electric blue Acara?

That still probably leaves some room for stocking. The parrots and Acara would give you that pop of color. Pictus will bottom feed while also being bouncy balls across the tank.

I said I may get shot down because some people like myself love parrots. Others despise them. It's because they are hybrids.

I've hard mine a few months and he's just one of those you have to smile upon. He also hand feeds with no issues.

Caleb

Thanks for the suggestions!

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

Can't go wrong with that above stocking. Maybe a few more picture cats for a bigger group

Severums - Big, colorful, often in open water, not too aggressive. I think they are a great contrast to my other cichlids that usually inhabit the bottom part of the tank.

I do like me some Severums...

I do like me some Severums...

Go for it then. They are great cause you can do other cichlids or do more peacefull fish like rainbows and large tetras with them. I have 1 green and 1 red spotted. I used to like the more exotic colored ones like rotkiels but the green is becoming my favorite. They really have nice color to them.

Green is my favorite too!

Im still not sure if i will get the tank, but if i do i will think about these... It would be nice to have some smaller fish with them and not see the disappear in a few days.

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

I think the fish hobby best illustrates why money doesn't buy happiness. Because there is always just one more fish out there that we need. Once I have it there is one more fish I need.

Learning to be content in all things brings happiness and there is only one way to find that. My job is to keep food on the table and a roof over my head aaand to get new fish :)

Hi!

I don't want to make any false promises to me or you, but i might be getting a second 75 at my birthday, moving my room to the basement, and building a custom stand to hold both 75 gals.

So i have the one set up, at least for now. I did make a thread about a community tank... Pretty, surely, but not my thing TBH...

So I've been looking into a few dish here and there (surprising, right?) and I've found a few that i like (thats totally unusual for me) (heavy sarcasm BTW)

Peacock Eels, Pictus Cats, Synodontis, are all some lower-level swimmers I've looked into, and liked. Those can all be switched around depending on the other fish.

Im looking for some bigger fish to add some aggression and movement and color (no Discus though) and i don't care if they are Cichlid or not, however if they are i would prefer to stay away from Africans. Not afraid of hybrids, and i *might* be willing to order online for a half decent price, so let me hear some suggestions :)

Why no Africans?? You could do a school of synos and some altos! Or some aggressive eretmodus. But if your into the bottom dwellers, you could do some lophiobagrus cyclurus, they are similar to synos

Sent via echolocation

I think the fish hobby best illustrates why money doesn't buy happiness. Because there is always just one more fish out there that we need. Once I have it there is one more fish I need.

Learning to be content in all things brings happiness and there is only one way to find that. My job is to keep food on the table and a roof over my head aaand to get new fish :)

Pssst...

That was my signature... Idk why its in normal font but whatever...

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Back
Top Bottom