75 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awilson133

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey :) I've almost have completed my cycling and I really don't know what to stock it with..I really want kind of a odd ball tank? Any help is appreciated!

Okay if I had that size tank I would go community. Now my stock list depends on how experienced you are. I will give you a options

Option 1:

3 angels ( see if you can get a pair then rehome the other one )
A school of lemon or glow light tetra . I would do ten per school
A school of cherry barb or rasbora. Pick one then make that a school of ten
Some platies or guppies
10 sterbai Cories
Maybe some shrimp or snails.

Option 2:

A pair of german blue rams
15 cardinal tetras
10 cherry barbs
Maybe some chocolate Gouramis
12 panda Cories
And snails

Option 3:
3 pearl Gouramis 1m 2f
20 neon tetras
Some guppies or platies
10 panda Cories
Shrimp

I do like those options. I'm more into options 2. I just want at least something that's kinda weird or odd.

If you're thinking oddball, a African Brown Knife is a must. Minimum 55g tank size for life, so it leaves you room for other bottom to mid swimming fish.

Predfan27 said:
Oddball? Polypterus Delhezi is a no brainer.

Wow :) I've never seen a bichir like that. Im reading that they could eat smaller fish?

awilson133 said:
Wow :) I've never seen a bichir like that. Im reading that they could eat smaller fish?

:) yep. They are fairly nocturnal, and will prey on anything they can fit I their mouth whilst they sleep. I love my Bichirs though. Did you want more of a community oddball fish?

Yes they can and will i have a senegal poly and an african brown knife in a 75 and get along great try some type of eel

Predfan27 said:
:) yep. They are fairly nocturnal, and will prey on anything they can fit I their mouth whilst they sleep. I love my Bichirs though. Did you want more of a community oddball fish?

Yeah sadly :/ I would love to have a arowana but I don't have the tank size one would require

abstract373 said:
Yes they can and will i have a senegal poly and an african brown knife in a 75 and get along great try some type of eel

I have a peacock eel in another tank but I rarely see em.

awilson133 said:
Yeah sadly :/ I would love to have a arowana but I don't have the tank size one would require

Unfortunately no you don't :(

Plus I tried to have a Silver Arowana with a Senegal and Dekhezi Bichir in a 40 (looking back that was an awful choice), and my Bichirs ate my Arowana

Predfan27 said:
Unfortunately no you don't :(

Plus I tried to have a Silver Arowana with a Senegal and Dekhezi Bichir in a 40 (looking back that was an awful choice), and my Bichirs ate my Arowana

Goodness..what about ornate bichir

awilson133 said:
This is for a 75g?? Lol

Haha oooops. Ummm. It would be fine for the first year or so. They can get up to around 2 feet in aquaria so something more like an 180g would be best.

Also a school of Upside Down Catfish! They literally swim upside down.

Back
Top Bottom