75 gallon tank fish selection ideas need help plez

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gauriemma

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i have a 55 mbuna cichlid tank. I also have a 75 to set up next week and start cycling. Im thinking of doing a community tank something with small fish schools and bright colors i like the little neon tetras but i want an assortment of fish. I just saw these german ram fish are these cichlids too? How many fish if they are small can i put in a 75. also like a few angels. Any advice would be great as i know these have a totally different environment than the africans (high ph temp). :fish2:

Rams are dwarf cichlids. :>
Since you have an African tank already you could to a SA biotope tank, those are always really nice. A pair of angels and rams and then a few schools of compatible tetras would make for a really cool tank. If you want angels you can't have neon tetras, as those are the angels natural prey in the wild. Any schooling species you put in the tank should be at least 2" minimum in size.

I like cardinal tetras. They look very similar to neons but the red part is more prominent, but as Morgie stated, they will probably get eaten as they resemble neons. You could have a school of zebra danios for the top part of the tank and some cory cats for the bottom. Both compatible with the angels and rams.

Back
Top Bottom