75 gallon up and running finally :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishBoy185

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay, I finally bought the 75 gallon aquarium that ive been talking about recently. Its been running with 2 HOB filters for a bout a week now. Now this is my question I think a Tiger oscar would be really cool to put in their but then again community tanks are very peacful but to me more expensive because of all the fish. I would rather buy a 15 $ tiger oscar then spend 50-100 $ in fish. Also one downside for me with the oscar would have to be that they would get boring. Help please. What are your opinions?

Thanks in advance!

-Brian :fish2:

Oscars are personal fish. They will react to the surroundings and interact with the owner. I don't consider them boring.

An Oscar and a Featherfin catfish would go great in a 75g.

Sweet size! That's what I'm looking into getting for an upgrade!

Oscars, from what I have heard, are very intelligent creatures that are amazing to have. Personally I don't like the way they look when they become full sized but I'd love to have one because of their personality. The whole boringness of oscars is completely wrong, I've heard that they're interesting fish to own; however I have never had one so someone with personal experience would have to chime in for further knowledge;)

As for the community, you can't go wrong there. I can sit in front of my community for HOURS without getting bored. I just love watching all the different fish school!

So either way you're great!

What does your filtration look like? You didn't state what HOB's you had. Oscars are very messy are require a lot of filtration. It's recommended to have a 10x turnover rate.

I have 2 70 gallon HOB FILTERS and the brand is aqueon. Soon am buying a eheim ecco canister though

I love both! I couldn't help you decide! But I can say oscars are no way boring. I had 2, that started out at these little cute babies (like an inch big!) and they grew up to be 2 huge footballs lol. They were so funny and I never ran out of things to feed them (insects ect). I kept them with catfish in huge tank with driftwood. They would greet me and follow me around. They would play with eachother and swim through the driftwood. Mine we pretty active. And when they weren't they were resting in some funny position somewhere. I couldn't keep plants much because they were always eating/uprooting them! I dot know if its all, but that was my experience. Now many years later I'm trying my hand at a planted community tank. But Oscars will always have a special place in my heart =)

Also they live a really long time! I think I had mine for over 5 years? They probably would have lived longer had my heater nt broke x.x

Amazon.. They have 3 packs of the sponges and I use Seachem Bio Max for the bio media.

Back
Top Bottom