75g for 75 bucks good or bad deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
just wondering if this is a good deal with oak trim? this is just the glass tank.

Hey if the thing holds water and the glass is not scrathed consider it a very good deal, considering that they normally go for about $100 to $150 new. You might be able to talk it down if you do see some scratches in the glass.

this is just the tank no hood, around my city the 60g go from 59.99 to 70.00 not sure about the 75g ones. seller said he used it once only to transfer water from the 72 bowfront. he also has a bowfront that is leaking and selling for same price. is it worth it or just go for the 75 not leaking one?

Personally I would only go for the one that is not leaking. Generally when you have to fix something that you got secondhand it can turn into a nightmare in a hurry. However if you could get both for lets say no more than $100 or there abouts you could try your hand at resiliconing the bow, and if that works without a hitch than you got two aquariums. But it all up to you. Have you seen these aquariums or are you just going by the sellers discription?

It all depends on the condition of the tank. If the glass is perfect & the seals are good this would be a good deal. If the glass is scratched or if the silicone is brittle (meaning you'll have to resilicone soon), try to get it for 10-20 less.

Fixing a leaking tank is not that big a deal if you are handy, but it is labour intensive & messy. I'd try to get the leaking tank for $50 or less.

Back
Top Bottom