75G stocking help/ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hbxninja

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

So originally I was wanting to make a 55g aquarium, but for Christmas I received a 75g instead, so I will be doing this one!
(scroll to bottom for tank specs)
The stocking will be similar to that tank idea and this is my rough estimate:
2x Bolivian Ram
12x Forktail Rainbowfish
12x Kuhli Loach
8xish Assassin Snails
40xish Amano shrimp

according to aqadvisor my stocking level is at 63%

Any advice and fish recommendations are welcome!
Question also, what food is recommended for these fish?

Tank Info:
75g (48"l,20"h,12"w)
Filter: Cascade 1200
Heater: Aqueon Pro 200w
Sand substrate

Any advice on equipment is welcome also.

aqadvisor pic.
[​IMG]

Those forktails are going to be stunning. They're mid-upper swimmers, if I remember right? Maybe something with a contrasting color that would venture into the lower areas, such as Black Ruby Barbs.

With the kuhlis, I'd be a little concerned of conflict with the Bolivian Rams, since the pair might try to make a nest and then the bottom-feeding loaches stumble right into it. Maybe not, though; I've never kept that combination.

Pics as it develops, please! :popcorn:

Those forktails are going to be stunning. They're mid-upper swimmers, if I remember right? Maybe something with a contrasting color that would venture into the lower areas, such as Black Ruby Barbs.

With the kuhlis, I'd be a little concerned of conflict with the Bolivian Rams, since the pair might try to make a nest and then the bottom-feeding loaches stumble right into it. Maybe not, though; I've never kept that combination.

Pics as it develops, please! :popcorn:

Will do! Its going to be a long process, but my plan is having a large bonzai with xmas moss “leaves” as a centerpiece, with vallisneria (or other reccomended plants) in the background. Possibly some bamboo scattered around. Substrate is a black with white scattered sand.

Will do! Its going to be a long process, but my plan is having a large bonzai with xmas moss “leaves” as a centerpiece, with vallisneria (or other reccomended plants) in the background. Possibly some bamboo scattered around. Substrate is a black with white scattered sand.

Bamboo won't do well submerged, eventually breaking down. That other plants sound great.

Back
Top Bottom