75gl tank craigslist.. unsure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtnee

Aquarium Advice Freak
To find a tank for sale in my area on craigslist is RARE.

There is a guy offering a 75gl tank, just the tank no stand etc. He states there is overflow box with 2 tubes. I guess I am confused on this..... maybe because the tank is SW?

He wants $120 for it.... what do you think?

What I am looking for is really a 125gl as I have a pleco (still very small btw) and 2 four-line pictus cats that are growing like pork chops I want to upgrade.

If this is a good deal for 75gl I may go for it.

Would this be a good tank for a pleco, 2 four-line pictus cats, maybe adding in my 2 spotted pictus as well, but unsure. They are pretty small and not growing like the four-lines.

I want to make this a room divider tank too...

It depends on where you are as far as price is concerned, but you guys in the states seem to pay a lot less for things than we do in Canada and I bought a brand new 75 gallon at Big Als (Store, not online) on sale for $90.00.
Plec: depends on what type. Common plecs can get 24". I had 2 in my 75 gallon planted tank and had to take them out when they got over 6" because they are so clumsy they kept uprooting plants.
Pictus Cats: Not sure size they get, 5"?. Seems with what you have now it would be enough for a 75. If you do get other fish I would get something that prefers mid - top tank so not all the fish are on the bottom.

I personally wouldn't buy it, as was said, on sale a 75 gallon might be as low as $75 brand new. As for used tanks, I'd expect to pay $.5-1 per gallon and no more. I don't know how much the overflow box adds in though.

I guess the guy's price is including the overflow box (and yes, that is primarily a SW set up). I have to agree that the price is high for a used 75g and since you don't need it, it makes it worthless. See if you can get him to lower his asking price.

Thanks!

I stopped into the LFS I buy my supplies at and they are not the cheapest. I saved $30 just on a python between their price and Petco. LOL A .5 mile drive saved me $30! I like their fish though and stop their often instead of the fish at Petco.

I stopped in tonight and they had a brand new 75gl just the tank for $99.00 the tank, hood, lights is $199.00 and the whole tank, lights, hood, stand combo was $350.00

I emailed the guy back and told him my findings at the LFS and for just a tank I could save $30 buying a new one and would pass on his offer. Granted he is offering the tube setup thing he used for the SW but that is useless to me really. He said that was $75 2 mo ago for the tube things (so greek to me). Still that would not make much of a deal on a used 75gl to be $120 even with the $75 addition!

Also he stated he was going to buy another 75gl this Friday. I find that odd too? Sell one and get another one? Unless he planned to so something different, I dont know.

courtnee said:
Also he stated he was going to buy another 75gl this Friday. I find that odd too? Sell one and get another one? Unless he planned to so something different, I dont know.

That sounds pretty much like he is gonna use the $$$ you give him for his lemon so he can get a new one. I'm surprised he told you that, he broke a cardinal rule of sales...never let your potential customer know more than they need to know :)

Back
Top Bottom