8 crazy zebra danios in 20 gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

glegault

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone,

I introduced 8 zebra danios into my 20 gal planted tank. From what I have read they are supposed to be peaceful fish when there are 6 or more of them in a tank. So far they are just chasing each other around the tank. The only other thing in the tank are 4 Amano shrimp.

Anyone have any advice as why this is happening? Or how to reduce or stop this non stop chasing? Or is this to be expected with zebra danios?

IMG_1338.jpg

I just wrote a thread on schooling fish pg 2 of this forum 6-26 or 6-27 you may want to read it.

The danios are doing what they naturally do: chase each other. You want 6+ so they confine it mostly to themselves, rather than pestering the other fish. It's not hurting the danios --that's normal behavior for them.

The danios are doing what they naturally do: chase each other. You want 6+ so they confine it mostly to themselves, rather than pestering the other fish. It's not hurting the danios --that's normal behavior for them.

Some of the danios have nipped tails which rose my concern. But I think it was just from their cramped environment in the pet store I got them from. But thank you for the wisdom. They seem to be relaxing a little more now as they settle into the new tank. Thanks!

Its there normal behavior to chase each other but they don't hurt each other.

Back
Top Bottom