80 Gallon Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barterking85

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys just bought a new to me 80 gallon that will be my only tank all the tanks i have is just too much with my new baby. It is going to be my community tank (cardinals, sepea, glowlights, ect...)

So I have 2-200 watt heaters this should do hopefully two will take the load better then just one

I have 2 40gallon power filters

I am using red and black gravel i would go sand but i HATE vacuming it and I had one tank with red and black mixed gravel that i got a lot of compliments on.

open to ideas on live plants i have 2 T5 lights 1 white 1 blue

not going with any tacky decorations just some large driftwood pieces

Stocking

only thing set in stone is
12 cardianls
12 glowlights
6 serpae
2 angels

open to ideas for live plants and more stocking ideas i would like to stick with small scholling fish tetras barbs danios ect...

Please give your thoughts TANK YOU!

Maybe a German blue ram as a center piece fish and quiet a few ghost shrimp for the bottom

You should keep one of your old tanks as a QT just saying lol. For fish, I like orange laser cories, starlight bristlenose plecos, and Bolivian rams... But rainbow sharks are beast too! Not sure how the shark would do with the angels though. Lol... Maybe not.

Yeah true I have a ten gallon qt Iam good there o I forgot I have a farlowella too did anyone hear of the electric green glofish? They are an enginered fish but not injected very kool wondering if anyone has kept them

I had a red tail shark about 5" he was a beast but he bullied every fish I had I tried him in every tank except my Betta tanks lol

I recommend you to upgrade to a good canister filter... I don't know if the two 40G will make the trick.
I like the following:
Rena Xp4
Fluval

Yeah Ian trying to find a fluval hopefully soon for now I'll stick with the aquaclear 40's I will let you know I really like external filters too so Iam always looking on Kijiji

Ok so I got the rest of my gravel and just to be safe I resealed my tank just to be sure

Question when you redo your seals I like it clean looking and not massive gobs like the factory does so I tape off the whole tank so my lines are clean and then I wet my finger and drag it through to smooth it any problems with this?

Well I got my tank cycled and my fish from my old tank are now in this includes
10 glowlights
10 cardinals
10 rummynose
10 serpae
2 angels
2 farlowella

Any ideas for more or should I just up my schoals

Pictures tomorrow I am tired and going to bed

Back
Top Bottom