90 Gallon long stocking list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alrighty as you know form other posts I made, I just bought a 90 long. I'm looking for suggestions on stocking it. I don't want anything that requires live food like feeder fish..bloodworms are ok though. nothing huge like oscars or arowanas lol. I'm looking to do really vast and colorful, active display of schooling fish and some loners. I know I definalty want these:

Bosemani Rainbows
Red Tail botia
Denison Barbs
Green Tiger barbs
Panda Cories
Dwarf Gourami's
Pictus Catfish
Zebra Danios
Rainbow Shark
Neon Tetra Jumbo
Purple Emporer Tetra
Splashing Tetra
Annostomos Cigar Fish
Ruby Red Pencil Fish
BGK

I by no means plan on putting all these fish in the tank all together, there just ones I would liek to have, but I don't know what combination to do. I will have this tnak heavily planted with lots of driftwood and standard medium grade aquarium gravel. Also I will havea nice tight fitting set of glass lids. Thanks for any input!

Well, what are you looking for to start off? Are you looking for schooling fish? Cories of any type are great for the bottom. They are peaceful fish and will come out and night to feed, a great addition to any tank.

I've heard of Tiger Barbs dive bombing Cories before, so I would watch out for their semi-aggressive nature.

When I had Tiger Barbs in with Corries, they harassed one almost to death - nipped it nearly clean of fins. Bad times for the corrie

I also had bad experiences with tigers and corys. I started with 3, lost 2 due to constant nipping, but crazily enough still have 1 from over a year ago. He knows when to come out of hiding (lights out and right at feeding time since the tigers are more interested in the food then the cory), and when to keep himself tucked into a corner.

Back
Top Bottom