90 gallon stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peacockbass

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want an interesting tank. I'm not sure if I want only South American cichlids. I want lots of color and not a lot of aggression. I also don't want a bunch of small fish such as tetras. I want a nice community tank.

I want an interesting tank. I'm not sure if I want only South American cichlids. I want lots of color and not a lot of aggression. I also don't want a bunch of small fish such as tetras. I want a nice community tank.

Im no expert on african cichlids but all i know is that you could get 30-40 of them in a 55g and there not very aggresive if ypu have lots of rockwork and caves, also they lose there aggresion when there tanks a little overstocked. I may be wrong but this is just a little somthing i found from watching and reading about them on youtube... Lol

Im no expert on african cichlids but all i know is that you could get 30-40 of them in a 55g and there not very aggresive if ypu have lots of rockwork and caves, also they lose there aggresion when there tanks a little overstocked. I may be wrong but this is just a little somthing i found from watching and reading about them on youtube... Lol

First of all you can not have 30-40 africans in a 55g tank. The tank is not very big for a bunch of cichlids but i suggest maybe 1 severum and 4 geophagus. Make sure the type of geo you pick stay under 8"

First of all you can not have 30-40 africans in a 55g tank. The tank is not very big for a bunch of cichlids but i suggest maybe 1 severum and 4 geophagus. Make sure the type of geo you pick stay under 8"

Thats what i heard from this dude on youtube but ok i dont know anything about ACs anyway

If your wanting more peaceful South American Cichlids, you could have a tank with apistogramma, Rams, and Angelfish. You could have some Tetra groups and some Hatchets along with the Cichlids.

I think this would be a cool stock:

6 Rams (GBR, Gold, Electric Blue)
5 Angelfish (Koi, Black, etc,)
4 apistogramma
10 Rummynose Tetras
12 Marbled Hatchets
8 Bleeding Heart Tetras
8 Cory Cats
3 Bristlenose Plecos
4 Otocinclus Catfish

Back
Top Bottom