90 gallon stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just dump a box of orzo in the tank and get a strong circulation fan [emoji14]

Blindcave tetra for the win! Couldnt be more meandering and bland if you blinded a tetra and banished it to a cave... oh wait...

Just dump a box of orzo in the tank and get a strong circulation fan [emoji14]

Lol yes maybe my expectations are a little two high, yes blind tetras would be cool, and added in conversation piece for not having visible eyes!

Question is: is it too much to have 5 angels, 7 gouramis, a school of ~25 tetras/danios/pencilfish, AND MAYBE a school of 10-15 cories?

It's on the high end but not outrageous. The Angel's will actively hunt and eat anything that fits in their mouth. Those pencilfish would be history.

Yeah, you’re right about her pencilfish, basically just researching anything in sight that is a schooling fish ~3 inches long

Hmm yes Buenos Aires or headlight tetras could be good. What about Congo tetras, they have a very subtle coloration, and beautiful fins?
Problem is trying to source a large school of anything that isn’t the basic neon tetra.

Congo's are very cool. $$$$$ though. Of your in the US I know of a few places that ship. You could ask your local lfs if they can get them for you.

Okay whenever I’m being indecisive I put together collages of different combos. Here’s some “schemes” to consider. (Put the cardinal one in just to test out a bright fish)

In order: purple passion danio, Cardinal tetras, Congo tetras, Diamond tetras, penguin tetras
F8E445EA-574A-4625-8248-8B3A640CEC78-compressed.jpg
5AC9C52A-7436-4A0F-8300-983C2946BA42-compressed.jpg
5A2DD7BF-8DBE-4DD4-A0D3-273D93BB9DE7-compressed.jpg
44156E73-677B-493B-91D2-7EF974A19910-compressed.jpg
0393E4F4-4682-4396-861D-C928E572AA51-compressed.jpg

Yeah the Congo’s and the diamonds really do look great with it..... just going to have to be patient to find a good price for them or slowly collect them. Both are expensive I’m seeing, any reason why?

This is the top of the tank, not really sure what my final plan is with it:
IMG_8850.jpg

For catfish I was initially thinking cories. But why not stretch my legs in this big tank. Anybody with experience in any of the catfish?
IMG_8854-compressed.jpg

IMG_8856-compressed.jpg
IMG_8855-compressed.jpg
IMG_8853-compressed.jpg

Nahhhh, Cory's are way more personable. Everything you listed acts more like a shark. If you want a fast tank than sure. Their are some big Cory's out there. I actually have some! Cant remember the name, they're pretty large for Cory's and they live a very long time,.mine have to be 10-11? Got them when they were 7.
Edit- Brochis

Last edited:
Nahhhh, Cory's are way more personable. Everything you listed acts more like a shark. If you want a fast tank than sure. Their are some big Cory's out there. I actually have some! Cant remember the name, they're pretty large for Cory's and they live a very long time,.mine have to be 10-11? Got them when they were 7.
Edit- Brochis

****! Would you mind sending a photo?

Forgive the algae, dirty glass, yadee yadee yadda. Behold the Cory's old enough to be considered millenials!20200728_192255.jpg20200728_192253.jpg

They're actually Emeralds, Bronze are Aneaus(sp) bith arw the 2 largest Cory around

Does anyone know where online you can find angelfish that have different varieties? Seeing a lot of “assorted angelfish”, but I want some black veil tail, zebra/wild type, and an albino pearl scale or koi.

Also here is the current scheme. Seeing it now it lacks a lot of color :/
59EBA6D5-F3C6-4291-9FAC-3362212094C8-compressed.jpg

Any experience with glass fish? They look phenomenal, but it looks like strictly live food.

Adjustments.jpg

Back
Top Bottom