96watts + 50gal tank [only half filled] = wpg??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raimeiken

Aquarium Advice Activist
does it change the watts per gallon? cuz i turned my tank into a paludarium and i took out the other lights. this tank use to have 140 watts of light. but now the tank is growing algea on the leaves of the plants like no other :(

Okay - so you had a planted tank with fish, correct? Then you lowered the water level and turned it into a paludarium, but the plants are still covered by the water? If you don't have as many fish in there then there is a reduction in nutrients, for one thing.

Also, it may be that the light is actually more intense now with less water - very good question. I am sure someone more knowledgeable will come along with some insight, and I am interested in more info.

most of my plants are growing emersed now, like the bacopa carolina, cardinal plant, java moss, and some other ones. i still have the same amount of fish in there. I just wanted to know this because maybe i can grow some glosso in that tank, if the wpg is that high. and i want to minimize the algea growth.

Back
Top Bottom