A bunch of beautiful Betta boys.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LayzorBeams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Alliteration much?

Im going to get a bunch of either 5 gallon or 2.5 gallon tanks, depending on where i decide to put them and budget. I know bigger is better but i will do what i can.

Recomendations for filters? Preferably small HOB or internal, not sure if i want sponge, which has been recomended to me. What size heater is optimal?? Would and airstobe work instead of a filter, because i can do one of those easily. Or both.

I will do sand, a Betta basking leaf, and a price of Anubias on driftwood. Im planning on doing either 4 or 6, so i would like cost efficiency as my budget is... Meh...

If it would suffice as a type of filtration for a single Betta, i would like to do an decent sized airstone in each tank. Not sure though.

Lemme know!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

For my 5 gal betta tank I have a topfin 10 gal. It works pretty well, especially if it's just one fish. It might be a little overkill for a 2.5 though.

I have a few 2.5g tanks running and only use sponge filters. There are small filters available for nano tanks but I found they have strong output that usually isn't adjustable. A single betta in even a 2.5g still doesn't produce a big bioload.

Yeah i would use a sponge filter but they look big and ugly IMO, so I'm trying to avoid them. Its only that reason.

Why don't you just get a big tank and divide it up? Then you don't have to have as many filters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I thought about that but again. Aesthetics. I cant think of a good way to divide up the tank that looks somewhat decent.

It really doesnt look natural, which is what im aiming for...

Well, on the bright side, i get paid sooner than expected so i can start this off soon!!

It really doesnt look natural, which is what im aiming for...

Well, on the bright side, i get paid sooner than expected so i can start this off soon!!

That's true. I'm just thinking that maybe there's a way to incorporate the divisions into the natural look. Idk

Either 4-6 males with a Betta basking leaf, some Java Moss or Anubias (not sure yet) on a small piece of dritwood and dark sand.

So 4-6 males with above setup each in their own 2.5 gallon tank.

Do you think it would be possible to use some airline tubing to create a system where each tank gets water syphoned out into a filtered tank or bucket or something, and then has water brought back into the tank? This way it all gets some beneficial bacteria and basically no current.

I would add ghost shrimp for a cleanup crew.

Are there any possibilities for the $1. per gallon sales at the Petco stores for 5G tanks and you could line them up on a strong office credenza for free from CL.

Make them like one picture with each tank being part of the whole view. That would be cool to set them up as if the insides of the tank was one tank in 6 parts (trying to be more clear on the concept)

Are there any possibilities for the $1. per gallon sales at the Petco stores for 5G tanks and you could line them up on a strong office credenza for free from CL.

Make them like one picture with each tank being part of the whole view. That would be cool to set them up as if the insides of the tank was one tank in 6 parts (trying to be more clear on the concept)

The $1 per gallon is only for 10-40 gallon tanks. Also includes 55 gallon in my area.

I get what you're trying to say about the picture thing, that would be cool.

Also, what is "CL". Not sure lol am i missing somethin obvious?

Yes, CL is craigslist

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Ok.

I would do that but I'm keeping them in my room with the rest of my favorite tanks which are;

75g CA Cichlid Tank
29g Angelfish +GBR growout Tank
20g GBR Breeding Tank
20g Leopard Gecko Breeding Tank

Soon to be:
4x2.5g Betta Tanks
40g Leopard Gecko Breeding Tank
10g Axolotl Tank
20 Gallon Guppy Breeder (from the old Geckos)

So hopefully within the next 5 months i will have 11 tanks of various critters.

Ok.

I would do that but I'm keeping them in my room with the rest of my favorite tanks which are;

75g CA Cichlid Tank
29g Angelfish +GBR growout Tank
20g GBR Breeding Tank
20g Leopard Gecko Breeding Tank

Soon to be:
4x2.5g Betta Tanks
40g Leopard Gecko Breeding Tank
10g Axolotl Tank
20 Gallon Guppy Breeder (from the old Geckos)

So hopefully within the next 5 months i will have 11 tanks of various critters.

Time for 1 or 2 Gorilla racks for "wall of tanks"!!!

Back
Top Bottom