A couple Fly River pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey Woods

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well.....more than a couple. I had to cut them down a bit as I took a lot of pics. I don't take many pics of these guys so I thought I'd post some.

FlyRiver6042.jpg

FlyRiver6052.jpg

FlyRiver6063.jpg

FlyRiver6075.jpg

FlyRiver6087.jpg

FlyRiver6092.jpg

FlyRiver6114.jpg

FlyRiver6114_2.jpg

FlyRiver6128.jpg

FlyRiver6129.jpg

FlyRiver6130.jpg

FlyRiver6132.jpg

FlyRiver6157.jpg

Regards,
Corey

Wow...he is way cool looking. Some nice fish too.
He is fully aquatic? Whats it eat? Does it bother the fish...they him?

Zezmo

They are full aquatic. Infact they are the only fresh water turtle with flippers like a sea turtle. He eats trout chow, greens as well as fish (strips of trout and salmon)..........but, he also "hunts" the fish that are in there as well. I have to restock the tanks as they keep eating them.

Regards,
Corey

he's really cool looking! looks like he has a great personality!

I've only seen a few in a LFS a while ago. The guy told me they were like $300USD for on that had a 10" Carapace. Very neat turtles, how big do they get?

for a sec I thought that WAS a sea turtle, lol. very cool. How much are those fish you keep having to replace anyway? I'd think that'd get expensive

Wow that is amazing, what size tank is it in. Does your turtle manage to 'catch' the fish because I wanted to put some with mine but was not sure. I was thinking of getting some that spend alot of time amaongst rock and in caves (naturally) because then the turtles would not be able to catch them lol.

Possibly Brichardi?

is that a softshell turtle??? The softshells here in flordia mostly stay underwater but they also sun themsleves on rocks and such.

how big is the tank??

I'm guessing its over 50 gallon - the turtle needs lots of space !

Back
Top Bottom