A few more 55 gallon stocking questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
I think i have finally put together a list of fish do you think i could have 1 opaline gourami, 1 rainbow shark, 1 bristlenose pleco, 6 australian rainbows and 5 ghost catfish in this tank my filtration is a aquaclear 70 and I would do 40-50 percent weekly water change.

I think i have finally put together a list of fish do you think i could have 1 opaline gourami, 1 rainbow shark, 1 bristlenose pleco, 6 australian rainbows and 5 ghost catfish in this tank my filtration is a aquaclear 70 and I would do 40-50 percent weekly water change.
You should be fine. I don't know about the Ghosts, I don't like 'em because they aren't very hardy, and are quite pricey down here. I like the Boesemani Rainbows better because they are a bit more colorful than the Australians. That's your call though.

Keep an eye on aggression issues between the Bristlenose Plecostomus and the Rainbow Shark. The Rainbow Shark could get aggressive IMO. Good luck!

I would maybe looking at another HOT filter...or small Canister, better to be overfiltered if possible...I know there are people who disagree but I like my water Crystal clear...

You are going to have a decent bioload there and rainbow sharks get big so I hear.

The rainbow sharks only max out at about 6 inches but could you give me some diffrent idea than a ghost cat to add to the bottom and i was thinking of probably setting up another filter that came with its just a whisper ex30 though.

Back
Top Bottom