A few of my new fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I have waited for some of these guys and gals for awhie now and ran across a great deal on them on aquabid. I got 15 for $20 with $8 bucks shipping. So I couldn't pass them up. I have wanted to try my hnd at breeding them and figured this was a great way to get some good future breeding stock.
There brown brisal nose plecos, I hope they make me some great fry when they get older.
ee0cb200.jpg

ee0cb22b.jpg

ee0cb24e.jpg

ee0cb26a.jpg

Then I got these guys to help fight a snil proplum I have. There doing a super job to already cleaned up two 10g tanks. Two down 20 more to go. LOL
ee0cb21c.jpg

ee0cb1d8.jpg

Then I saved this guy from a wal-mart where someone had placed 2 males in the same cup. I hate it when people are so stupid like that.
ee0cb08f.jpg

ee0cb08c.jpg

This one I'm still trying to figure out what this one is, I bought it thanking it was a female crown tail. But it's not. I'm thanking he's a wild moth brooder of whitch I havn't found witch group he belongs to.
ee0cb0a1.jpg

ee0cb0a2.jpg

I'm open to thoughts on him. Any ideals?

Wow, nice pick-ups!

Kudos for saving the betta too!

The last picture looked like a female betta to me as well...

Nice new fishies you got there. That green betta is beautiful! Good job on saving him. There should be more people like you in the world! Love the BNs too...

Gosh I love the betta - such a beautiful guy to be mishandled so badly at the store.

Love the loaches too.

Congrats on all and best of luck with the breeding

SCORE!!! Great looking fish and a great deal on the BN's. I love that blue fish next to one of the BN's is that a guppy or what?

The bottom betta has no ovipositor? That's the only positive way of telling them apart. The blue fish is a betta.

Heh, you are such a glutton. 15? Cute fishies though, and a great deal.

I love the betta checking out the BN.

Awsome looking fish. And hope your BN's will spawn in short notice. Mine haven't yet. The male still doesn't seem interested in the females yet, other than chasing them away, lol.

Thanks all, And Mosaic I have 24 tanks so I can spread them out over a few tanks to help with algee while they grow. Hopfully the little guys will make me a few more little guys in a short time span. LOL Crazered that is a female crown tail fry she's right at 2 months old tommorrow. I have 45 female crown tails waitting on transpost to road island next month.

Depotfish yes it's a male betta in the last picture. I'm hoping to find out what spices shortly. I have one person tell me it's a wild from of the halmoon. Another says it's a menber of the smaragdina fromThailand and is forsure a wild spiscamen.

Jeff, Have you been feeding them green beans? The guy I got these off of said feding them the zocennie was great but to promot spawning green beans with no salt works better. I added some to my common pleco tank acouple of days ago and they've already started showing signs of spawning behaver.

Jchillen, there is 3 runts in the ones I got. They look twice as small as the others.

Toirtis, I'm not sure of the spices your talking about. I've been into betta for a long time now and have only heard of the brow shortfins like once maybe twice before.
Also the wal-mart betta has just spawned his frist fry yesterday. I'm so happy he spawned with a female crowntail white and yellow marble female.

Going to have to try green beans, lol. Do you do then raw, cooked, or just slightly blanched? Do they sink or do you need to weigh them down?

If you use the cut green beans they sink without anything holding them down. Make sure there unsalted he said that was a hughs no no with plecos stomacks.

ok....

But instead, I think I'll just go to the vegie section and get some raw ones straight from the garden, slice them in half, and maybe blanch them for a few seconds, and try that. I don't trust them from the cans, with all the stuff they put in nowdays to preserve them.

Frozen french cut green beans are supposed to be a good green bean for veggie eaters. The meat of the bean is exposed already, so there's no cutting to do.

There's also the green gaint brnd of frence cut. They are packaged with no salt or any of the other junk. Just str8 beans. LOL

Back
Top Bottom