A good heater for 30 gal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zarmalar

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm just starting a new 30... But after 2 days it seems the heater just can't do the job or isn't working. It came with the tank from my friend and she had it fully stocked for quite a while so I know its appropriately sized for the tank.
So what are good brands?

zarmalar said:
I'm just starting a new 30... But after 2 days it seems the heater just can't do the job or isn't working. It came with the tank from my friend and she had it fully stocked for quite a while so I know its appropriately sized for the tank.
So what are good brands?

I have a 150 watt, and I dont remember the brand! But it works great, you just set it to the temp you want and it does the rest. It can also bring my tank past 88 degrees if i want it to. It has a silver body- what brand could it be? I think it was Fluval.

My best working heater. It's not submersible though :(

I've had great luck with marineland visi-therm. I have a 30 long and I use the 150w model. Only issue is what u set it at and what it puts out is different. So you'll just have to find the right setting to get it to ur desired temp.

Yea we turned the heater to the max and the lights just on.... And water temp at 71

I got a Fluval... It was on sale, its 100 watts but says for up to 30 gal.. the 150 watt was a bit more then I could spend but 2 hours in the tank and the temp has gone up 4deg. :) plus its number dial and mirror finnished so it doesn't stand out as much.

Back
Top Bottom