A little more help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jgeezer1986

Aquarium Advice Activist
Nitrates are hanging around 40 with ammonia and nitrites at 0. I bought a red tail shark yesterday and he is not doing so well. I bought some red finned tetras and two powder blue dwarf gouramis and they are all doing fine as well as all the other fish in the tank. I recently lost a Clown loack and a primodella catfish also, but thats it. Since they are all bottom feeders , could there maybe be something wrong with my substrate?

ok other than the nitrates , what could be causing the death of these certain fish?

Have you tested gh/kh? The clown loach is very sensitive to poor water conditions. The prim cat is a hardy fish, so it might have been bad stock...hard to say.

How long have you had your tank? Is it cycling maybe? I don't know how important pH might be, but I would do PWC's until you get the nitrates under control. Have you tested for ammonia also? If that or nitrites is up that could be causing it as well. If you added the shark last maybe he is having a hard time adjusting? Not sure as to why the other fish are doing good, maybe it just hasn't hit them yet. Not sure if any of this will help but just some thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom