A new blank canvas so to speak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefermadness52

Aquarium Advice Activist
Running a water tightness test on the new 75 gallon aquarium I scored on eBay complete with stand, lights, power filter and a slew of extras.

What should I put in it???

image-2413581153.jpg

image-1721086315.jpg

image-1416500666.jpg

image-1700010193.jpg

Do you have any other tanks? If it was me I would do cichlids or a community tank. Depending on whether you have previous tank experience you could do discus or just something nice yet simple like a planted community with some angels or something a little more exotic like leopard ctenopoma and rare rainbows.

I'm going to agree with catfishguy. I'd do either a cichlid or community tank if you aren't experienced. Discus' are beautiful but expensive and for the advanced "aquarist". If that's even a word!

Leaning towards African Cichlids. I already have a 60 gal reef and also a nano reef.

Anyone know what freshwater catfish are compatible with Lake Malawi Cichlids?

Thanks...

I have synodontis cats with my Malawi cichlids :) They have had zero issues and have been together years now.

How about 6 assorted rainbows, 3 angels, 1 rainbow shark, 6 stratia botia, and 1 geophagus.

I'm so jealous. I wish I had a 75 to move my goldies into and change my 55 over to a SW tank. I want a Nemo theme. Anyway, if you're sticking with freshwater I love fancy goldfish. You could do probably 5 of them. I'm not a cichlid fan because I feel like everybody has them. Be my hero and do a saltwater moon jellyfish tank. You could hold like 50 of them in 75 gallons. Pretty please.

I've had the big goldies before, and gave them away when I once moved. I'e become intrigued with African Cichlids after watching a National Geographic Special on the Great Rift Valley Lakes of Africa. Did you know that there are freshwater jellyfish there? However, I understand that jellyfish require a round tank or else they tend to bang themselves in the corners of rectangular tanks, but they are fascinating aren't they?

I'm so jealous. I wish I had a 75 to move my goldies into and change my 55 over to a SW tank. I want a Nemo theme. Anyway, if you're sticking with freshwater I love fancy goldfish. You could do probably 5 of them. I'm not a cichlid fan because I feel like everybody has them. Be my hero and do a saltwater moon jellyfish tank. You could hold like 50 of them in 75 gallons. Pretty please.

Your not a cichlid fan because everyone has them? But you like goldfish? does everyone NOT have them? That's silly. Everyone has every fish, very few people have fish that other don't. The reason everyone has them is usually because they are larger, more colorful, and fun to watch eat and coexist with other cichlids. Plus cichlids (like goldfish) have "personalities".

Your not a cichlid fan because everyone has them? But you like goldfish? does everyone NOT have them? That's silly. Everyone has every fish, very few people have fish that other don't. The reason everyone has them is usually because they are larger, more colorful, and fun to watch eat and coexist with other cichlids. Plus cichlids (like goldfish) have "personalities".

I've never met anyone other than online that keeps fancy goldfish. Everyone I know that has had fish has had cichlids. All I heard about was Oscars and Jack Dempseys.

Back
Top Bottom