a new powerhead!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

machoburrito

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello everyone I have a 80 gallon fish tank and i was wondering what is the best powerhead you can buy for it?? anyone got some suggestions? thanks guys!!!!!!

aquaclear powerhead (50 or 70).
They both are super quiet, powerful and have a reverse flow function!

Ok nice yeah I had a maxi-jet 1200 but it just brunt out and wouldn't pump water anymore is that powerhead also reliable?

I'm using a couple Rio+ made by TAAM. A lot of saltwater tanks use them and are one of the few that stand up to wave use, which is the constant cycling of them on and off to mimic tidal flows or bi-directional current. Built like a rock.

Does it matter if it's for a freshwater tank because that's what I have. Do you have a link because I need it to hook up for a undergravel filter you know that clear tube where that air stone goes with some carbon. Thanks guys

Nice!!!! That's what I need because the one I had brunt out it wouldn't push water anymore do you have a link where I can see those powerheads?

Here is a pic of the Rio+ in my tank. There are two. The one on the right is just the head unit on the UG tube. The one on the left has an (included with kit) elbow and a diffuser set up on it. They also have aerators, but I don't have them hooked up in this picture.
2445981810105699732S600x600Q85.jpg

oh man nice thank you very much nice tank by the way!!!! and looks like ill be getting a rio+ thanks guys i really appreciate it!!!!!

Dale_I said:
Here is a pic of the Rio+ in my tank. There are two. The one on the right is just the head unit on the UG tube. The one on the left has an (included with kit) elbow and a diffuser set up on it. They also have aerators, but I don't have them hooked up in this picture.

Not really related to this at all and I don't have a powerhead, but I've heard that koralais are really nice, but OMG you have the little mermaid in your tank!!!! :O

Ariel is for my 3 and 4 year old little girls. She's sitting on Prince Eric's ship, but you might need to be a dad of little girls to know the story. I had to zip tie her to keep her from floating away.

Don't discount Bubble_B0ys AC units either. There is a real attraction for reverse flow UG filtration. I'm "old school" and used to use UG exclusively " back in the day". Now it is with a Fluval 304 canister. But I'm considering converting to reverse UG as I do more research. I would do it with caps on the tubes and plumbing the outputs into the draft tube caps, unless I find a better way than configuring it myself.

The only question I have with running the AC in reverse, is how they stay on top of the draft tubes. Depending on flow, I might think they would unseat themselves. Hopefully he can chime back in with additional details.

Back
Top Bottom