A new type of Paludarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TequariumLerro

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
New to this site.

Got something you might find unique. It is a Terrestrial and Aquatic variation of a Paludarium that I call a Tequarrium.

The heavily planted one is a biotope type that is fully aquatic and fully terrestrial. The other is a scaled scape that I established my own method to fit the structural design.

If anyone has questions, please ask.

Attachments

• rsz_btf.jpg
    rsz_btf.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 342
  • rsz_bts.jpg
    rsz_bts.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 368
  • rsz_msc.jpg
    rsz_msc.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 699
Thanks for the nice replies!

Here is another that I made. It is suppose to be a scaled western river type setting. There are black kuhlii, and what look like silver needle fish but not sure since they are so small.

Attachments

• rsz_cws.jpg
    rsz_cws.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 400
Thanks! If you have any questions, just ask and I will try to answer as best I can.

I have expressed each type of structure as a formula.

Type 1WM-2LS: One part water in the middle and two parts land on each side

Type 1WF-1LB: One part water in the front and one part land in the back

The design is intended for fish, although water frogs can be kept in Type 1WF-1LB since they might spend their entire life in water even in their natural habitat. To be safe, use a piece of glass that is cut to fit the aquatic portion. Leave enough space between the water and cover so the frog(s) can get air. If a filter is being used, the glass should be cut to fit the filter. A cover should also be applied for fish that have a tendency to jump.

These were all custom made to my specifactions in China where I am working but the decorating was done by me. It got complex so I made small models out of paper to give him a clearer idea about the design. It is actually funny because the custom maker had no idea what these were for. It was only today that I showed him.

I actually thought these up because of not having enough light or any co2.

The aquatic plants (I think) are Sagittarria Subulata or could be Mondo grass in the desert setting. These are with out doubt the easiest low tech plant to maintain in my experience. With about 5 hours of lighting a day and no special substrate, they are actually thriving.

Back
Top Bottom