A Question About Tetra's "Sinking Golfish Granules"...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArtesiaWells

Aquarium Advice Addict
Are these supposed to be a "supplement" to the goldfish's daily diet, or can they be fed as a daily staple?

I know it's not good to feed the same kind of flake/pellet/etc. every day with no variety, but my schedule demands that I make my feedings as simple as possible, so we normally feed our four fancy goldies commerically available packaged foods (Aqueon flakes, Tetra pellets, etc.); I recently ran out of the Aqueon flakes I was feeding them and switched over tonight to the Tetra "Sinking Goldfish Granules" as I found a leftover bottle of them from our previous tank setup, but I noticed (and have in the past as well) that these seem to make my goldfish -- all of them -- a bit "lethargic" and "confused" as they chew on these things; this doesn't happen at all with flakes. It's difficult to explain, but their swimming activity decreases and they just sort of float there attempting to digest the pellets, or seemingly so...

Is this normal?

Ant any rate, can these be fed as a daily staple food like flakes? I only ask because on the Tetra site, they make note that these are a supplement to a main diet...

Thanks.

BTW: I STILL have all four of my beloved fancies alive in the 10 gallon, which I do a water change on EVERY DAY; they're doing well and thriving, though we still cannot find any funds to get a bigger tank at this very second, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom