A shoutout for Tetra Safestart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suprdave

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just wanted to put in a good word for this product. I've used it twice now to start my tank, the first time after Seachem Stability didn't do a whole lot and I was still experiencing ammonia spikes, and a second time after I decided to start my tank over with sand substrate.

It's freaking amazing. Especially the second time. Replaced the substrate, hosed my tank down with chlorinated tap water and cleaned everything, then put the water in, dechlorinator, fish, and Safestart. It really was an instant cycle. It's been a few months now and my parameters have been perfect. Nice nitrates, no nitrites or ammonia, ever.

Give it a shot!

FWIW, I did the same thing (substrate change) and didn't use any chemicals and didn't have any issues. If you kept your filter media wet, that's why. I put no trust in those chemicals. But, if it works for you, great.

Nope, I didn't. Probably could (and should) have, but it took me 7 hours to finish the substrate change (the sand took *hours* to get washed clean). The only stuff that stayed wet were my fish :)

Back
Top Bottom