A Small Pleco or Catfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PBirdsong

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone know of a smaller pleco or catfish (other than the obvious Otocinclus) I could add to my 55 gallon that wouldn't get too big? I'm started to plan what my new additions will be.

There are lots of smaller plecos that would be suitable for a 55g. 5-6" range there is the bristlenose, bulldog/rubbernose and clown plecos being some of the very common types. There is also a pittbull pleco that only gets to 2".

I just saw a Queen Arabesque pleco this weekend at Aquarium Paradise in Lakewood. Very pretty pleco!

I had looked at Live Aquaria before. It's one of my favorite sites, but their AVAILABLE cats can get pretty large, aside from the oto. I do like the Tiger Pleco, though. Has anyone ever actually ordered from Live Aquaria before?

Their shipping charges are high and you need to order at least $29.99 worth of stuff. Try Aquabid or ebay if your feeling lucky.

Thanks for rattling my memory GM :) I ordered my L-66 King Tiger Pleco from www.liveaquaria.com and couldn't be happier. In fact, although their prices are a bit higher than many other places, they have some of the highest quality fish and plants I have ever received from an online retailer. Top notch :wink:

Good to know, I have been considering them but dont think the shipping charge would go over with my parents to well since the value of all my fish equal their shipping charge :)

Well, I just added two Otocinclus Cats in yesterday, and plan on two more. BUt additionally I am really leaning on the Tiger Pleco.

Back
Top Bottom