A sorry Syndoontis Catfish problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What should I do?

• Do not take the catfish, advise him to return it to the pet store

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Yell the heck out of him

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Put the catfish in the 50 gallon

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Put him in the 60 gallon (Are you sure?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy a seperate tank for him

• Have dinner with him (Mmmm... blood worms!)

• Total voters

3x0t1c_331

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My friend, a novice aquarium keeper, has made a mistake. A stupid, stupid, mistake. He saw a teeny-tiny baby Synodontis Catfish at the store, thought it was adorable, and... bought it for his 10-gallon. Yes. You heard that. 10-gallon.:facepalm: I told him that the Synodontis gets to be 8 inches and needs at least a 50-gallon tank, and he freaked out. He told me he wanted to give it to me to keep in a nice large tank, and I told him I'd get back to him on that. So I'm asking you guys if it would be safe to put him in one of my larger tanks. The only suitable ones would be my 50 and 60 gallon tanks, but the 50 contains two Rope Fish and the 60 contains 3 Black Ghosts. I assume I couldn't put him in the 60, but you guys might disagree. And would he be safe with two Rope Fish in 50?

Well not all synodontis get 8 inches. However none are suitable for a 10 gallon. Do you know what exact species it is?

Well, firstly, those black ghosts need a tank that's over 100 gallons.

Aside from that, the rope fish and black ghosts are a little fragile for a synodontis. It could work but its hard to tell since all 3 are fairly uncommon fish.

Well, firstly, those black ghosts need a tank that's over 100 gallons.

Aside from that, the rope fish and black ghosts are a little fragile for a synodontis. It could work but its hard to tell since all 3 are fairly uncommon fish.
When the BGs get bigger I'll give them to a friend with a 200-gallon tank.

Back
Top Bottom