a sulking betta?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loubeardy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I moved my betta over to a smaller tank yesterday (big tank is going as I didn't have the room to keep it), anyway, nylon betta moved to a smaller tank (22 litres from a 68litres). the smaller tank has plenty of hiding spaces and big leafed plants for him but he has spent the day hiding inside the buddha head..... is he sulking?! is this the behavior to expevt from now on, or is he adjusting? (he still fed fine today)

He is probably adjusting, I have found the smoothest way to transition is to offer dimmer lights during the transitional period.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He is probably adjusting, I have found the smoothest way to transition is to offer dimmer lights during the transitional period.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Aquarium Advice mobile app
cool, thank you. he seems more active today. bit had to put some otos thag were in quarantine (because they were new) because of a heater malfunction so he's kinda had to just get on with it now!

I'm going to go with sulking (I know adjusting is better fit, but sulking describes their antics pretty well lol).

I'm going to go with sulking (I know adjusting is better fit, but sulking describes their antics pretty well lol).
he is more active now, he comes out when he knows I am there. although he still stays in the buddha head... I'm guessing that the buddha head cave is his territory now (nice and dark, quiet, and I had to cut the top of the ornament off to fit my tank so perfect access for him to get to the surface with out leaving the area!)

Nice! Mine will also come out and do a begging dance for food. I do find them quite inquisitive on anything new in tank.

he is more active now, he comes out when he knows I am there. although he still stays in the buddha head... I'm guessing that the buddha head cave is his territory now (nice and dark, quiet, and I had to cut the top of the ornament off to fit my tank so perfect access for him to get to the surface with out leaving the area!)

you're really making me to set up a new tank and get a Betta :ROFLMAO:
yours sounds like such a character!

you're really making me to set up a new tank and get a Betta :ROFLMAO:
yours sounds like such a character!
he is my first fish I ever owned and love him! he is so pretty and will always come out to see me when I turn the light on or remove the lid. he'll eat from my finger too. hehe.

Back
Top Bottom