A tank with very high water currents!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks i will try that and see how it goes, and i am thinking of a display i guess tank with a few plants and a lot of decorations, with a bunch of medium to large active fish, i am not quite sure though.

I too am curious as to what fish prefer or tolerate high currents. I am glad TG has readdressed that question.

The biggest HOB I can think of is under 10 cycles per hour for a 55 so I really dont think this high current thing is an issue unless its all coming out of a little tube... ie a weird filter design..

When I think of fish that like current I think of hillstream (and other) loaches and minnow type fish. I don't think this is a high current tank. You'd need multiple filters or a very large canister, plus powerheads to move the water enough to make hillstream loaches happy.

Here is a pic of the water where hillstream loaches are found, courtesy of loaches.com, and you can see how hard it would be to recreate this in a closed system:

gastromyzon_stream.jpg

Back
Top Bottom