A water mite..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snails R us

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My water parameters are great today :D as I just tested. Although when I was finished I noticed something small and brown.. It was in my tank which holds my 2 baby ramshorn snails, my two adfs and also my java moss at 26C. They are not overfed as the adfs are fed frozen bloodworms every second day and eat them quickly. Then the rams eat algae. I have a few pictures of the 'mite' one is of it on my thumb for size comparison (the little pimple on my thumb) and on on the rainbow (little brown thing in the middle on the yellow stripe) He's tiny and when I held him up to the light he looked sort of green. Thanks.

36424-albums1572-picture10900.jpg

36424-albums1572-picture10901.jpg

I had something similar in my tank a year or so ago. Mine was a fairly new set up and i noticed these small guys on the glass and in the filter of the tank. I think mine came from when i added a new plant to my tank. I know my fish ate them away but in your situation im not sure how to get rid of them. i do know that they are not harmful!

Oh, thanks, phew! I only had one. I found another baby ramshorn today though hehe.

Back
Top Bottom