a wee bit of happiness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joannde

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know its not really a big deal, but given all the problems I've had with the startup on this tank it's a big deal to me - I have two baby platies in the tank :)

The first one has been there for about 2 wks and s/he's getting oh so brave - swimming around the entire tank, checking everything out. I remember when s/he was just a pair of eyes with a tail ! She chases flake foods around - its just too cute. And s/he looks just like her mom with her black nose, black dorsal fin and black tail.

The other little baby is just now starting to venture out a little. I first noticed it last week, diligently hiding among the live plants.

Both of these "kids" have lived through the 5 day Maracyn 1 / Maracyn 2 treatment and now now failed biofilter. They give me the inspiration to keep up with the water changes and they give me a chuckle when I need a laugh.

........... yeah, the trials and tribulations of having my aquarium set up again are worth it ..... they may "only be platies" but to me they are a beautiful bright silver lining to all the clouds

ROFL - I was going to ask you the same thing (noticed the tcb in your name). You bet I'm an Elvis fan !

DAVID !!!! I love the avatar - VERY nice indeed !!!

and yes - gooooooooooo babieeeeeeeeeeeeees ... and goooooooooooooo ELVIS ! LOL (sorry, couldn't resist !)

Glad you had some good luck, (about time) hope they grow and stay healthy, :)

The babies are a wonderful thing to watch when you need a laugh. My little endlers grab a piece of flake food that is twice as big as they are and they bolt around the tank (face completely covered by food) so they can keep their booty away from the big guys. I don't even know how they can tell where they are going.

Congrats on baby #2! :lol:

LOL I'd love to see a pic of that !
Up until a couple of days ago the only thing I've seen the babies eat is hair algae (works for me LOL). The older one is now chasing flakes but I crunch them up pretty small so that he has a shot at getting some.

*Elvis has entered the thread* LOL
(like at Penguins hockey games, the announcer says, "Elvis has left the building" !!)

joannde, that is such great news! Congrats on the little fry! How cute that would be to see them venture around the tank for the first time!

This hobby can get you down at times but the better times are right around the corner!

:smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:

Back
Top Bottom