About how much ammonia would a fish release in a 24 hour period?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am curious what the approximate amount of ammonia each fish releases into the tank during a 24 hour period is. I know it can vary depending on the species. I am mostly wondering about guppies.

Way too many factors to even guess... and you would have to have a defined volume of water to even be able to measure it... plus it depends on the size of the fish, whether it's been fed or not, there's just no way to say at all. Any numbers that get tossed around are purely speculation and or ignorance.

Agreed. It can vary dramatically based on species, size, age, temp, recent feeding, etc. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

mfdrookie516 said:
Way too many factors to even guess... and you would have to have a defined volume of water to even be able to measure it... plus it depends on the size of the fish, whether it's been fed or not, there's just no way to say at all. Any numbers that get tossed around are purely speculation and or ignorance.

Ahh. I see. There are too many things to take into account.

Ok. So there is no easy or (acurate) way to tell. It isn't that important to me to know, I was just wondering.

Back
Top Bottom