Acara eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gejegeb69

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2 electric blue acaras in my 40 gallon community tank, today the female has laid eggs and both of them are taking turns watching over the eggs, I haven’t had any experience with fish breeding so I’m needing advice, I’ve read that the fry will take between 4-7 days to hatch and I am wondering what is the best size tank to move the fry into when they are big enough and when I should do this, also what is the best food to feed them, any other advice is helpful, thanks.

20 gallon tank. Use water from display., wait until a week after free swimming, feed frozen baby brine shrimp or hikari first bites.

I have picked up some tubifex and frozen daphnia, what is the best way of feeding them directly to the fry without other fish eating it all if they are kept in the community tank?

They wont survive in a community tank. Remove them if you want them to live.

I have noticed today that the acaras have moved the eggs into a new pit that it behind a rock at the back of the tank, I can’t see the eggs but the male and female are still taking it in turns guarding the area, due to the fact I can’t see them, how would I go about knowing when to feed them as I can’t see if they’ve hatched without moving the rock?

Back
Top Bottom