Add stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lanayru

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm new to the forums but lurked around for a week or so.

Established: March 2012
Size: 10-gallon
Filter: AquaClear 20
Substrate: Aquarium sand
Fish: 2 x Yoyo loach
1 x Reg Wag Play (female)
1 x Flame Dwarf Gourami (male)
Temperature: usually 75ºF
pH: 7.4-7.6
Trite and Amm: 0
Trate: 20-40ppm
Decor: floating Acarus things that can live in water/ground, 2 plastic ones, lots of hiding places between rocks and other decorations
Heater: 50W with adjustable settings
I clean the tank almost daily using a pipette to siphon up all the poo on the bottom.
You can find pics and info on my website: <www.sites.google.com/site/theyangriver/>

I know the tank is very small and super not recommended (parents refuse 20gal) but I'd like to add another Yoyo loach. They prefer to shoal in groups of 3-5+ and I only have 2 (they were the only two left at the LFS when I bought them.) Do you think this is a good idea?

:thanks:

No. You need to remove the yoyo loaches. They can reach up to 7 inches and are the most active fish I know of. I was looking into gettin em for my 29 gallon, but they need at least 40 gallons. What you could do is add a school of Cory's.
here's what your stocking could be
1 gourami
3 platys
4 Cory cats

I will be upgrading the tank to 20gal when I ship out for college and don't really have a means to get rid of the yoyos, so I have to keep them. Also, the fish are very happy and don't display signs of distress or anything due to tank size. The loaches are currently 2.75" long (added maybe .5"-1" since March), so a 7" size is possible in the far future.

Well if you are positive on upgrading. Then keep the yoyos, when will you be upgrading? If more than a year it could shock the growth.

I'm looking to get one for Christmas. If not, I will definitely get one in August 2013. Less than a year, doable?

Gl as big as ya can! I'd take the 29 and add a pair if gbr's, and a Schoo of tetras and a school of rasboras

Awesome, thanks! Should I find a better substrate? The sand takes a lot of time to clean :/

Back
Top Bottom