added some new fish, with extra lights comin soon...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

papa_bear_21

Aquarium Advice Freak
went to the pet the pet shop today...

we have added 4 neon tetra's and 4 orange neon tetra's to our 29 gallon with 4 mickey platy's. In the next couple days, prolly when we do our PWC and filter maint. I will be adding the LED lights to the tank, they are little modular type adjustable LED's that go in the tank. They are submerssible and designed to be placed in the tank with the fish. I am curious to see how they look, I can add 2 more, and will likely look for some red ones to add, giving a nice mixture of lighting for them. I will be stopping by after work to feed all of the fish and see how they are playing, but I dont think it will be a problem for them to be together...

I should be able to get some before and after...will likely take some pictures before the water change, as I have yet to post any pictures on here. I think the lights will look good, as long as it gets setup good, which could be the fun part...LOL

is it the " water cannons " that your talking about? they are round and emit coloredbeems of lights liek spotlights?

so, I put the lights in the tank in temporary places around the top of the tank to get an idea of what things will look like with them in. The Neon Tetra's, they look awesome in the blue light, that blue stripe just pops out, and all the tetras and the platys all seem to like the green and even the blue...the orange platy's look cool in them, the eyes pop out at you. All in all, I think these lights were a great investment, and will be a nice touch. I've been running the blue and green lights at night, leaving the fourescent hood off at nite...is this a good idea? What would be a good amount of time to leave the hood light on, and the night time lights on?

Thanks in advance

Bear

Back
Top Bottom