Adding a betta to a community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougmatt21

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ive had my betta ina bowl for a long time but i want to move hom to my planted community 35g that has 5 neons 3 black skirt tetras 2 albino rainbow sharks, and 2 plecos, also a very small dinosaur bischir..... Could that work or would there be unwanted problems?

I think it would go horribly. The blackskirts will likely nip it to death.

I agree that it would go horribly but not from the tetras. The issues are more likely to come from both the sharks and the bichir. You should only ever keep 1 shark per tank since they are very aggressive towards each other which usually results in the death of one. They also tend to nip at everything. The bichir will outgrow the tank very quickly and will likely end up eating all his tank mates.

Ive had my betta ina bowl for a long time but i want to move hom to my planted community 35g that has 5 neons 3 black skirt tetras 2 albino rainbow sharks, and 2 plecos, also a very small dinosaur bischir..... Could that work or would there be unwanted problems?

Their would be problems, sharks and those black tetras will nib his fins to the point where he won't have anything left.

Back
Top Bottom