Adding a few more fish to help my plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Guilefish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had my 60 gallon long for a while now and all my plants that have roots in the ground are lookin' pretty good, some of them are a little yellow, but its the anubius that are on top of some of my logs that are lookin' malnourished.General yellowing indicates and nitrogen deficiency and a water test says the same thing.

I already have plans to get 4ish more glass catfish and I'm wondering if that'll help or if I'm going to have to supplement with potassium nitrate? Or if they are even going to get those nutrients being that they aren't planted in the substrate.

There's also the option of turning off the second filter I suppose...

I was also wondering if it might be too much light? I have a day light bulb stretching the tank and the tank itself is next to a west ward facing window. Is that too much for summer?

Thanks for any opinions you may have. Here is a stocking list:
opeline gourami x 1
red tail shark x 1
clown khuli loaches x 4
ninja khuli loaches x 2
rabbit snails x 3+ babies
3.5" plecostomus x 1
nerite snails x 2?
blue ram chiclid x 1
emerald cory x 2
speckled cory x 1
pictus catfish x 1
ghost shrimp x 3?
amano shrimp x 3?
glass catfish x 2

So you dose no type of fertilizer? What is your nitrate and phosphate readings? Yellow leaves indicate iron deficiency. You can use a combination of liquid ferts such as Seachems Flourish Comprehensive and API Leaf Zone which is potassium and iron. You have a large tank and liquid ferts can cost a lot. Have you looked into dosing all the dry ferts (macro's and micro's)? I run my 100% planted 220g with only 10ppms of nitrates.

Back
Top Bottom