Adding Calcium to aquarium for mystery snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

micaiah12

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've heard that you can add Calcium to your aquarium to help support good growth of your mystery snail's shell. Is this a good idea and how do I go about doing it?

I have asked the same question recently and the one response was adding a cuttlebone to your filter. I guess thru time it releases calcium beneficial to snail. I havent tried it yet.
Also you could consider feeding kale to your snails it has alot of calcium in it and is IMO the best food for larger snail species.

Ok thanks. Yeah I'm going to do some research on it.

Well turns out it is better to feed them vegetables high in calcium. Such as spinach. so I am going to try that and see how it all words out.

I don't know much about snails. As far as adding calcium to the water - there is no shortage of calcium additives in the saltwater section since coral needs calcium to grow. Don't see why you couldn't use these additives in freshwater - but the I cannot comment in whether there are any benefits to doing so.

Back
Top Bottom