Adding Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hortoholic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I have 2 guppies in my tank and I was considering about adding a ghost shrimp to thae tank. Would ther be any benefit? Scavengers in the bottom of the atnk? also, will they do ok on fish food? Would it be too much on the bio-load if I were to add one? The guppies are doing very well. I think my tank is cycled since I have 0 nitrites, Slightly less than 20 ppm of notrate, pH 6.8, O ppm pf ammonia. I would like to have max 3 fish. I am still doing partial water changes. I Know its more maintenence since my tank is small, but I enjoy and I am a college student so sometimes the "funds" are not wlays there... But mist importantly is my tank cycled. I also have live plants to keep my nitrates low. So would it be best to add 1 more since guppies are schoolers or a ghost shrimp?

how big is the tank? they might eat the guppy fry they are fine with flake foods. i would wait until the tank is more established before getting shrimp. might want to step up your water changes get the nitrates closer to 10.

It would probably be ok, but you are pushing it I think. Are the guppies two males? I'm not sure I quite get the assumption that everyone must always want to breed their fish.

Yes, they are two males and they are adults. The tank size is 2.5 gallons with heater, filter, and aerator. < /~20 too high for ghost shrimp? I.e. is it detrimental to their health?

Thanks,

hortoholic

Back
Top Bottom