Adding gbr to tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ashindle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I had a male/female pair of gbr's in my moderately planted 55 g... After an unfortunate round of ich, I was left with just the male. I know have a qt and used it to quarantine another male ram. I added the new ram and just before I planted some new plants and killed the lights for a while... Anyway they're fighting like crazy... Any chance they will coexist? Or at least the Lfs gets some females in?

Ya the plan all along was to get a female to replace the on that died... I def jumped the gun and got that new male...and am hearing some I told you so's from the gf. Lol.

They will not stop. Even in a heavily planted tank. I keep 2 mature pairs in my 100% planted tank and still have aggression. Personally I'd return one for a female or petition the tank for now.

I might try to make a partition.. It's going to be at least a week till the fish store gets more in.. Thx!

Worst part is I can't put him back into the qt because I'm treating a pearl gourami with ich in there. Def wish I would have held off on buying him and waited for a female.. Doh!

Back
Top Bottom