adding my beta....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andrewz00

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i just finished my 90 gal setup.... it was a conversion from a 45 so no cycle necessary...

my currently stock is... 3 bronze corydoras, 7 odessa barbs, 5 albino barbs, 7 zebra dianos, and 2 black rosy barbs....

i also have a male beta.... can i add him to this tank?

can i house him inside this.... Aquarium Refugiums: In-Tank Refugium... inside my tank?

I would be very cautious about doing so. Barbs will usually nip betta fins. I suppose you could put him in some type of refugium, but I'd really hate to do that. I'd get one without a powerhead if that's the way you want to go.

my wife wanted the stupid fish.... bc we went to LuLu's bait shack in ft lauderdale... she got a drink in a fish bowl.... so when we got home she went out and bought the beta and named it lulu and put it in the stupid fish bowl... put it on the shelf above my tank.. .and forgot about it.... guess whos taking care of it..

ide like to get it out of the lil stupid bowl... but i dont have room for another tank... so i figured next best thing would be in my tank... but i have barbs and they nip... so i thought refugium.... i might just bring the **** thing back lol she wouldnt even notice it was gone

You could just get a 5 gal or even 1.5 gal and put a wisper filter in there and leave it because its hard to say whether the barbs will nip especially if its a male. up to you though

hahahaha.... took a little convincing... and a few pairs of shoes but we compromised! im not allowed to upgrade until we buy a house now!

A 90 in a studio!? I thought I was bad for having a 29g, 20L, and a 5g in a 2 bedroom apartment.

Back
Top Bottom